Straight Jackets and Video Cameras

Joel Bernstein joel at fysh.org
Thu Jul 30 14:34:54 BST 2009

On 30 Jul 2009, at 14:23, Peter Corlett wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 01:59:47PM +0100, Denny wrote:
> [...]
>> Sign: YOU CAN EARN $$$ WITH PERL!!
>> JAPH: *places sticker reading 'WRITE' over 'EARN'*
>> JAPH: *writes underneath* ...and it will compile and run.
>
> Well, that's the first one that's actually amusing enough to make me
> grin.

I think what's particularly nice here is that it doesn't seem to be a
joke at another group's expense. This script would be harder than some
of the others to construe negatively. As Perl programmers we ought to
know from personal experience the negative impacts of (being seen as)
spreading FUD.

  It's essential, I feel, that the output of this nice marketing idea
gives a mature impression to people who see the videos.

/joel