[Gllug-Social] [ANNOUNCE] Reminder: London.pm social meet, Thursday evening

Joel Bernstein joel at fysh.org
Tue Aug 4 15:11:38 BST 2009

On 4 Aug 2009, at 12:39, Daniel Loizos wrote:
> I thought I'd ask - Is
> this a GLLUG meeting or a Perl meeting? If it's the former, then I'd
> really
> like to join in if that would be okay?

It's a meeting of London Perl Mongers, who are a user group associated
with Perl.

However, it's not usual to find many conversations about Perl. It's a
typical geek meet-up in a pub, with beer and conversations. This
particular meeting is unique in the year because the majority of
London Perl Mongers are at the Yet Another Perl Conference Europe 2009
in Lisbon this week. So there are London.pm meetings on Thursday in
London and in Lisbon simultaneously.

You should go along, it's absolutely not a requirement to have
anything really to do with Perl. In fact, there's a nice tradition
that new people are bought a beer by the London.pm leader and
introduced to people to talk to. Hope you have fun.

/joel