More camels

Léon Brocard acme at astray.com
Tue Aug 18 17:56:16 BST 2009

The camels are multiplying! Amelia is the official London.pm camel.
Why a camel? The Programming Perl book has a camel on the front:

  http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=amelia&w=35034350386%40N01&s=int
  http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596000271/

The Shadowcat guys have a Niles much like Amelia. Our glorious
ex-leader Simon also has a Niles (I hope he's taking good care of
him). Peter brought a huge camel to the emergency social on Friday.
It's also a way for newcomers to recognize Perl mongers in a pub. You
can get one from Amazon. You can also get one from eBay (eBay
concentrated on selling Beanie Babies and Barbie Dolls collectibles
for its first few years). Let camel proliferation commence!

  http://www.amazon.co.uk/London.pm-Camel/dp/B00004TFW5/
  http://toys.shop.ebay.co.uk/London.pm-Camel/49019/i.html?_nkw=niles+camel

Onions are less cute, Léon