Cheap perl e-books

Billy Abbott billy at
Fri Aug 28 08:33:12 BST 2009

Paul Makepeace wrote
> The Kindle is one amazing piece of kit; I for one can't wait for it to
> appear here. And yeah, I don't give a flying f- about Amazon tracking
> my reading habits or accidentally deleting titles.

I'm worried that I seem to be turning into a Sony evangelist, but I'd
definitely give their Readers a look. I had a play with a Kindle 1 and
it was a nasty thing in comparison to the PRS-505 - plasticky and
overengineered. The new Kindles are meant to be much nicer, but we don't
have them over here yet :) Waterstones have a Reader in most of their
stores if you want to have a play.

--billy (not a Sony employee)