[OT] SalesForce + CVS

Minty mintywalker at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 21:36:39 BST 2009

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 3:43 PM, Raf <rafiq at dreamthought.com> wrote:
> I'd like to understand what advantage something like git would give us in
> this context?

This may or may not help:

[Google] Tech Talk: Linus Torvalds on git
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XpnKHJAok8

It's not short but I found it interesting in places and it's a sales
pitch for git (and to a lesser extent the distributed source control
alternatives) from the guy who designed/wrote the original version.

Needless to say, I don't recall it making any mention of SalesForce.

I've not watched this next one yet, but I'm thinking it might be worth a view

Git - a Talk by Randal Schwartz
"describe[s] what "git"; is and isn't, and why you should use it
instead of CVS, Subversion, SVK, Arch, Darcs, Mercurial, Monotone,
Bazaar"
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3999952944619245780#

I note both are a couple of years old, and that git development is
quite active.  The git mailing list is busy, but I've always found
quite friendly if you have a sane question.