Does Perl has a code hider

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Thu Sep 17 10:09:03 BST 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 09:31:06AM +0100, Dirk Koopman wrote:
> Nicholas Clark wrote:

> >>An occasional post here would probably be OK.  Not more than one a week
> >>or so though.
> >
> >Given that we moved the job posting to its own list (because it annoyed
> >some
> >people? After all "work is the curse of the drinking classes" so it's
> >arguably
> >anti-topic), wouldn't it be logical to set up another list for this?
> >
> >So that everyone who only really wants to know about beer, buffy and pie
> >can have their trivia-stream undiluted with real content?
> >

> So that then suggests that we need another list for any actual perl
> (code) related discussion?

Mmm, yes. I seem to be saying that, but it wasn't what I meant.

The actual code discussion we currently have is triggered by real people
having real problems they really want to solve. It's equivalent to already
observed discussions observed on IRC and in real life.

Auto-posting a FAQ entry for discussion every $interval is in some sense
make-work - sort of "this list isn't busy enough - let's harness it for
another purpose." We don't currently have FAQ discussions on IRC or in real
life.

Nicholas Clark