Does Perl has a code hider

Michael Lush mjlush at
Fri Sep 18 11:22:59 BST 2009

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009, Sue Spence wrote:
> 2009/9/17 Jacqui Caren <jacqui.caren at>
>> Robert Shiels wrote:
>>> Don't really want my mbox file filling up with them.
>> I dont mind doing reviews and the idea of a FAQ review
>> is a good one but trying to "push me" will not work.
>> I think the idea would have been shot down if I suggested posting
>> three or more FAQs to here every week.
>> Why not post (a different) one a month to lost of .pm lists?
>> Once a month is tolerable. Three a week when perlfaq is a command
>> on almost every server I have access to is ... words fail me.
> Almost everyone is being wildly tolerant of this idea.  I'm not fond of it
> myself, though.  Not when could be done in a separate list for those who
> would like to see perlfaqs in their mailbox.  Social discussion lists
> shouldn't have automated posting directed to them.

Would it be more 'interesting'/tolarable if a random monthly 'faqbite'
was posted.  I'd be inclined to read a single answer out of curiosity,
I'd simply ignore the whole thing.

Michael John Lush PhD			Tel:44-1223 492626
HUGO Gene Nomenclature Committee	Email: hgnc at
European Bioinformatics Institute
Hinxton, Cambridge