sort dances

A Smith asmith9983 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 14:38:58 BST 2009

When I did my first degree(73-77) in Computer Engineering  we used bits of
paper pulled from a bucket,each with a number on it to demonstrate the
importance of using the correct algorithm for a task  using Bubble and Shell
Sort. The actual program was written(punched onto cards) in FORTRAN IV and
run on the Burroughs B5700 overnight.   Some of us did extra-curricular
activities and also wrote it in K &R C on the PDP11/45 running Unix System
V.

Andrew  in Edinburgh