Anyone hiring at the moment?

James Laver james.laver at
Wed Sep 23 13:54:11 BST 2009

On 23 Sep 2009, at 13:38, Ovid wrote:

> Could you explain that to my niece? I visited the US recently and
> brought over a bottle of Green Spot. She took one sip, said it was
> great, and then shot the rest. I could have cried. Next time, I'll
> buy her whiskey which comes in a soft plastic bottle.

I've always just had the rule "You're welcome to drink my scotch if I
think you'll appreciate it". Gets around cases like this.

Other good rules:
- You can't have it if you're going to mix it with coke
- You can't have it if your usual purchase is Bells
- You can't have it if you're going to put an ice cube in it
(controversial, that one)

Also applies to good ports, wines and other spirits