Anyone hiring at the moment?

Ovid publiustemp-londonpm at
Thu Sep 24 12:37:54 BST 2009

--- On Thu, 24/9/09, James Laver <james.laver at> wrote:

> From: James Laver <james.laver at>

> It's [Scunthorpe] a chav-filled hateful shithole and there is absolutely
> nothing going for it. Come to think of it, I can't even
> think of a decent pub in the whole town.

Oddly, one of my friends is from there.  He has hair well past his shoulders, always wears Iron Maiden t-shirts, has an Iron Maiden tattoo running down one arm and drinks like a fish.  He has an accent so thick (I'm told it's even thicker than other scunts), that even his British friends have trouble understanding him.

He also has a doctorate in robotics.  It gives people pause and that makes me happy.

Buy the book         -
Tech blog            -
Twitter              -
Official Perl 6 Wiki -