Sending $US to the US

Christopher Taranto christopher at
Tue Oct 6 15:54:55 BST 2009

Hi Ovid,

I am also living in London and needed to get my marriage certificate to
get our residency permit extended from the initial six months.  I used a
service that would pull government documents for most of the states.

I was able to use my credit card so it was easy and my marriage
certificates arrived in a few weeks.

Unfortunately, I am in Kiev until Thursday so I don't have access to my
email to look up the service I used - but I will send it to you when I am
back in London.  Maybe this might be a way for you to go.


Christopher Taranto

On Tue, October 6, 2009 6:45 am, Ovid wrote:
> So, in order to get married, I need my birth certificate.  Texas
> requires, since I live outside the US, that I mail all of my paperwork to
> them, along with $27 US (not surprisingly, they don't accept pounds).
> That's about £17. My bank charges £20 for the bank draft, plus the £17
> face value.
> Anyone happen to know a less expensive way to send, via mail, US dollars
> to the US, short of sending cash?
> Cheers,
> Ovid
> --
> Buy the book         -
> Tech blog            -
> Twitter              -
> Official Perl 6 Wiki -

More information about the mailing list