Sending $US to the US

Dave Hodgkinson davehodg at
Tue Oct 6 16:46:32 BST 2009

On 6 Oct 2009, at 14:45, Ovid wrote:

> So, in order to get married, I need my birth certificate.  Texas  
> requires, since I live outside the US, that I mail all of my  
> paperwork to them, along with $27 US (not surprisingly, they don't  
> accept pounds).  That's about £17. My bank charges £20 for the bank  
> draft, plus the £17 face value.
> Anyone happen to know a less expensive way to send, via mail, US  
> dollars to the US, short of sending cash?

Can't you put cash in an envelope?

Dave Hodgkinson                                MSN: davehodg at
Site:                  UK: +44 7768 490620

More information about the mailing list