Sending $US to the US

Ian Knopke ian.knopke at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 12:55:29 BST 2009

A few ideas, based on my own international money transfer experiments:

1) Will they accept a credit or debit card number for the payment?
This works with the Canadian government; visa is universal!

2) I believe you can transfer money through a paypal account. I've
never done it, and I'm not sure what their fee is.

3) There are services like western union that do money transfers.

4) Otherwise I'd be tempted to a friend or someone in the Perl
community from the US to make the payment for you, and get them back
the next time you seem them. Lots of people in computers or IT get
around the world over the course of a year, and enjoy being paid in
beer.

Ian