Sending $US to the US

Minty mintywalker at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 00:25:02 BST 2009

> Anyone happen to know a less expensive way to send, via mail, US dollars to the US, short of sending cash?

(Amex) Travellers cheques in dollar denominations?

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/jump2?catId=19300207&mediaId=19300210

They are supposed to be as good as cash from the recipients
perspective (esp when drawn on the "local" currency), but replaceable
if lost.  At least, that was my vauge memory/understanding.  I've not
used them in years.

Whether a Texan would tolerate them is another matter entirely.

Changing the topic a bit - if paypal can do security keys for free
(sms) or $5 for a fob, why the bejinglies can't my bank/bt/gas/elec

https://www.paypal.com/securitykey