Credit Cards

Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker ilmari at ilmari.org
Tue Oct 13 14:23:23 BST 2009

Denny <2009 at denny.me> writes:

> They might not want those details for a simple CC auth.  I bought
> something quite expensive from Play.com a few years ago and they called
> me to tell me that I'd failed the credit check so they had to reject the
> order.  Turned out to be because I wasn't on the electoral roll, I'm
> fairly sure my credit card company didn't tell them that.

I had something similar happen when I tried to order about £300 worth of
gear, but the customer service representative couldn't tell me why I was
rejected. It seems I'll have to take my high-value business elsewhere
(they're fine with me buying small stuff like mp3 downloads),
since I'll never be on the electoral roll because I'm too filthy a
foreigner to be allowed to vote.

--
ilmari
"A disappointingly low fraction of the human race is,