Credit Cards

Smylers Smylers at
Tue Oct 13 15:13:10 BST 2009

Denny writes:

> I bought something quite expensive from a few years ago and
> they called me to tell me that I'd failed the credit check so they had
> to reject the order.  Turned out to be because I wasn't on the
> electoral roll,

I've also had incidents where organizations have told me that I'm not on
the electoral roll.

But of course I _am_ on the roll; however, I ticked the 'you may not
sell my contact details to junk mailers' box, so I'm not on the edited
electoral roll.

I would hope that anybody using the edited electoral roll for credit
checking would be aware of the existence of that checkbox.