Credit Cards

Bob Walker bob at
Tue Oct 13 15:25:04 BST 2009

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009, David Cantrell wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 02:21:14PM +0100, Philip Potter wrote:
>> wth? I call bullshit on If the card company will pay, it's
>> none of's business whether you are creditworthy or not.
>> gets the money and the credit card company is liable for any
>> credit risk you represent.
> Eh-hem.  If there's a chargeback (eg because you're using a stolen card)
> get fucked over.

This is one of things that I hate about people who whine about e-commerce
providers imposing stuff on them. They normally have a lot of it imposed
on them by their banks and/or payment service providers by being told they
will be responsible for fraud if they dont do it. Which is fine for a 5
pound item but less so for a 2000 pound one.

You can even outsource your fraud screening.

bob walker

buses should be purple and bendy