Credit Cards

Dominic Thoreau dominic.thoreau at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 13 17:41:53 BST 2009

2009/10/13 Abigail <abigail at abigail.be>:

> accepted my ATM card (no zip code required). I was positively surprised
> by the ability to use my ATM card for retail, because as soon as I step
> accross the border here in Europe, I can only use my ATM card at banks,
> not retailers.

I remember late last year in Amsterdam, trying to pay my hotel bill
with my Maestro card and having it refused. Despite there being a sign
on the desk saying they accepted it.

So I applied for a credit card (and got it, with a credit limit 4
times higher than I actually wanted) - and lo, six months later the
bank re-issued my Maestro as a Visa Debit....
--
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and
remove all doubt.