Credit Cards

the hatter london.pm at bang.meep.org
Tue Oct 13 19:54:46 BST 2009

On Tue, 13 Oct 2009, Smylers wrote:

> But of course I _am_ on the roll; however, I ticked the 'you may not
> sell my contact details to junk mailers' box, so I'm not on the edited
> electoral roll.
>
> I would hope that anybody using the edited electoral roll for credit
> checking would be aware of the existence of that checkbox.

Being aware of the box doesn't help them.  They can't see you're on the
public register, so they score you based on not being on the public
register.  This may or may not be fatal depending on what you're trying to
purchase.  Only times I've noticed anyone mention it is getting a new
mobile phone contract and ticket inspectors when I ended up without a
ticket.  In both cases it was an inconvenience that they couldn't verify
my address that way, but nothing they seemed to have a problem with
overall.

the hatter