stackoverflow !perl conference

the hatter london.pm at bang.meep.org
Fri Oct 16 12:11:22 BST 2009

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009, Joel Bernstein wrote:

> Obviously if the conf is sold-out the organisers won't care, but it
> seems a bit mean to exclude whole user groups.

I'm assuming they included their own user group - and as subject line
says, it's not a perl conference.  Blanketting every possible user list
will also as you say guarantee an attenence.  Somewhere between 3 users
and, er, however many people tried to sign up to the well-pimped,
well-funded, large bbc backstage ones (ie. many times more than even the
bbc can host).  Not great for getting a group of people with something in
common, if they get the first 2 applicants from a million lists (though
that could be an interesting conference too).

the hatter