Looking for a secondhand Datahand Pro II

Gareth Kirwan gbjk at thermeon.com
Tue Oct 20 10:32:51 BST 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-20 at 10:12 +0100, James Laver wrote:
> What is it about the Datahand that you're interested in? RSI
> avoidance? Or do you think it will increase your typing speed?
>
> If it's the RSI avoidance, there are a number of other recommendable
> keyboards. Or for the typing speed thing, likewise.

A combination of the two, in addition to the fact that I believe that
there should be a fundamental revolution in the way we interact with
computers, and what's often holding us back is the perceived
unwillingness of the great unwashed to adapt to something new.

Now a datahand isn't a revolution, but it's a step.
Magnetic keys and millimetres of finger movement to signal to the
computer is a step up from mechanical buttons and inches of movement.
I also like not having to move hands far (or at all) to use a mouse.
I love the thinkpad mouse button in the home row for that.

One consideration is dvorak, but:
- It doesn't change the fact that your hands are moving more than they
need to in order to interact with the computer
- dvorak can be used on a datahand.

I'm on datahand's waiting list for the next batch, but I also wanted to
explore.

I've read very good things about the datahands over the years - do I
perceive that you're against them or believe something else is better?
Certainly other options are actually immediately available.