keyboards/RSI/switching costs (was Looking for a secondhand Datahand Pro II)

James Laver james.laver at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 17:44:58 BST 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 5:21 PM, jesse <jesse at fsck.com> wrote:

> In the US, that's ~illegal[1]. The UK doesn't have a similar law?
>
> [1] http://www.section508.gov/

We have the disability discrimination act which makes it similarly
illegal. It also makes it illegal to develop a website that isn't
properly accessible, but we've yet to see any prosecutions.

Does your §508 have provisions for non-discrimination against healthy
people (making concessions for disabled people available to healthy
people?) ? That's what I'm using in the UK to justify my chip and
signature card.

--James