keyboards/RSI/switching costs (was Looking for a secondhand Datahand Pro II)

James Laver james.laver at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 09:10:56 BST 2009

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 8:56 AM, Philip Potter
<philip.g.potter at gmail.com> wrote:
> I personally use vim, though if and when Padre gets good I will switch
> to that. I'm currently trying to add extract subroutine and rename
> variable to it, but it's easier said than done...

I'm pretty sure I saw a video demonstrating a working rename-variable
plugin. I believe there were comments along the lines of
's/$old_name/$new_name/' and then the usual arguments over 'works most
of the time' v.s. 'won't work all of the time'.

--James