keyboards/RSI/switching costs (was Looking for a secondhand Datahand Pro II)

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Oct 22 11:25:51 BST 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 12:21:05PM -0400, jesse wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 04:50:19PM +0100, Smylers wrote:
> > A friend with RSI has a keyboard he can use fine, but needs to avoid
> > mousing.  Unfortunately[*1] whoever wrote the bespoke software used by
> > his branch of the civil service didn't bother with keyboard access for
> > many features.
> In the US, that's ~illegal[1]. The UK doesn't have a similar law?

Since when did something being illegal stop it from happening,
especially in government?

--
David Cantrell | even more awesome than a panda-fur coat

    [OS X] appeals to me as a monk, a user, a compiler-of-apps, a
    sometime coder, and an easily amused primate with a penchant
    for those that are pretty, colorful, and make nice noises.
        -- Dan Birchall, in The Monastery