domain registrars

James Laver james.laver at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 18:32:45 BST 2009

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 2:54 PM, Roger Burton West <roger at firedrake.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 02:40:16PM +0100, James Laver wrote:
>>Today, namecheap had some scheduled site downtime (dns still
>>operational) without notifying their customers (at least neither
>>myself nor my flatmate were informed) but customer service insists an
>>email was sent out to everybody. They also can't tell me even roughly
>>when it will be back up.
>
> Do you want a registrar or a nameserver host?

Both, but I've never seen a registrar that didn't offer hosting of it
free anyway. I chose to keep my domains on Namecheap's servers because
up until now they've provided a great service.

> Unless you wanted to buy a
> bunch of new domains today, I don't see why registrar downtime should
> affect you.

I did want to buy a new domain, but I also couldn't update details on
any of my domains had I wanted to.

--James