Weekend entertainment

Sue Spence sue at pennine.com
Sun Nov 15 18:50:51 GMT 2009

2009/11/15 David Landgren <david at landgren.net>

> I wanted to share this... Some people have no sense of humour. This came up
> on the contact at perl.org queue.
>
> (I shall compose a message saying Acme is fun, etc. etc. Can anyone point
> me to other similar Acme modules to put this in context?)

I think the module perldoc is amusing, but the letter writer has a point.
The name is A::L::NIGERIAN, not A::L::419SCAM (e.g.).  Even if the email is
a counter-windup (not impossible), or we think that the person who
complained is too sensitive and insecure, the module author has crossed a
line here. I'd let *him* explain it. :-)