Weekend entertainment

Jonas Brømsø Nielsen jonasbn at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 15:19:53 GMT 2009

Aloha,

Most cultures/countries have a redneck equivalent, so it is not totally wasted on us non-us... anyway. I say if we have offended anybody, we remove the offending distribution. It is in the acme namespace, so it will not create a lot of fuss removing it.

The author has the choice and freedom of distributing via other channels, but we as a community might have to be more democratic about it, so I say it goes. As for the apology, I think we could just get by with a friendly and polite email, informing the offended person of our actions.

Going into a deeper analysis of the nature of humor and cultural differences is a waste of time, CPAN is an international resource and therefore we should act accordingly. The Acme namespace is still open and welcoming to all the crazy experiments, but we have to play nice at the same time.

jonasbn