Help me become a Londoner!

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 15:00:48 GMT 2009

2009/11/24 Mike Woods <mike at geofront.co.uk>:
> Jonathan Stowe wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 15:10 +0000, Roger Burton West wrote:
>>
>>> All we have is a 2" deck gun in the yard of a hire shop.
>>
>> On the road between Wells and Glastonbury there is an architectural
>> salvage place with a Bloodhound missile.
>
> Years ago there used to be a company called bulldog who sold "odd salvage"
> etc, at one point their catalog included cheiftan tank targeting lasers and
> some disarmed missiles, ah those where the days!

We drive past this ( http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/172398  /
http://www.helstongunsmiths.com/ ) to get to our friends' house in
Helston, there are more tanks, etc than you can see in that picture,
another 10 meters along the road in Shelterbox, a disaster response
charity.

A.

--
Aaron J Trevena, BSc Hons