Domain acquisition

the hatter london.pm at bang.meep.org
Tue Dec 15 11:16:45 GMT 2009

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009, Jurgen Pletinckx wrote:

> As to the money question - I hadn't offered any yet. These appear to be
> prime properties: 4-letter words, pronounceable and recognizable, and yet
> not currently used.
>
> I'm not sure of the going rates, and I wouldn't want to hazard my chances by
> over- or underbidding. We assume we'll be paying through the nose, though.

Try dnsaleprice.com - it keeps track of auction prices.  For instance, 4
letter, 1-word .co.uk's sold in the last year shows 20 words or
almost-words, with decent words from $900-130000 and some other 4-letters
from $80-900.  Sedo's search tools let you do similar, a 4 or less seatch
on there shows fixed-price domains available to buy, and also what others
are up at auction.  It should at least put some hard boundaries on
your pricing even if it still leaves a wide margin.

the hatter