Pig and pub! (Emergency social called for)

Chris Jack chris_jack at msn.com
Tue Jan 19 12:15:22 GMT 2010

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 13:17:30 +0000, LesleyB wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 01:33:50PM +0100, Philippe Bruhat (BooK) wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 05:48:22PM +0000, Edmund von der Burg wrote:
>>> PS - note that there are four heads going. If you ever wanted to do a
>>> very British variant of the horse's head in The Godfather this would
>>> be an opportune moment. Didn't get that Christmas bonus? Let the boss
>>> know how you feel!
>> Don't you guys eat those?
>> ? Dans le cochon, tout est bon. ?
> The average house may well not have an oven/hob large enough and I don't have any
> recipes. Does anyone else?

Remind me: I thought the horse head in the Godfather was uncooked.
I did manage to fit a whole small suckling pig from Pugh's in a regular size oven once. It was very small but still only just fit in diagonally with the snout in one corner. No room for anything else - so potatoes had to be done in the grill oven. I couldn't get a whole apple in the mouth but I did put a token slice in at the end (unless you want apple sauce, you probably don't want to cook the apple).
It was fun and tasty - but I don't feel an urge to repeat the experience in a hurry.