No more IP for you

Mark Overmeer mark at
Wed Jan 20 10:58:47 GMT 2010

* Luis Motta Campos (luismottacampos at [100120 10:41]:

> > It's like 90% disk-full: the more you get above it, the more degradation
> > you get.

> Ahnnn... why?

Fragmentation will increase, increasing the core routing tables.  People
will return C and B blocks, which will be reused immediately by someone
else, maybe a different provider.

> > 592 days until Central Registry IPv4 address exhaustion
> > (but I think earlier, because there will be a rush in the last months)
> The RIRs are working hard together (for the first time in many years, I
> guess) to prevent the last-IP rush. If they will succeed or not, that's
> to be seen.

There will always be some kind of rush: always a few people will try
to outsmart the rest.

       Mark at                          solutions at