No more IP for you

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at develooper.com
Thu Jan 21 01:12:08 GMT 2010

On Jan 20, 2010, at 16:44, Dave Hodgkinson wrote:

> Isn't it a case of wresting some class-A addresses from the like of IBM,
> AT&T and HP and making them use pukka internal addresses for inside
> the firms?

That'd help for a little while; just like whatever market will come up for IPv4 addresses when no more can be allocated from the RIRs will help for a little while.  But really, we're running out.  Yeah, not next month.  Maybe not even when the predications say, but by definition before everyone's ready.

  - ask