Modules being removed from core

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Sat Jan 23 13:29:47 GMT 2010

Something said while I was installing a module in 5.11.4:

> " Class::ISA will be removed from the Perl core distribution in
>   the next major release "

So, who knew?  And how can one easily get a list of what modules are
going to be removed from core?

Module::CoreList does know which modules are supposedly deprecated
(although it doesn't mean deprecated, it means taken out of core -
actual deprecated modules like File::Copy are staying) but provides no
interface for getting a list of them.

The only way to find out that I can see is to read the source for
Module::CoreList, and search for %deprecated.

--
David Cantrell | Enforcer, South London Linguistic Massive

    There are many different types of sausages.  The best are
    from the north of England.  The wurst are from Germany.
      -- seen in alt.2eggs...