TT and UTF8?

Dave Hodgkinson davehodg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 14:30:36 GMT 2010

Anyone had issues with TT and UTF8?

sheriff and theorbtwo have got me a long way down the line but...

I have a string which is_utf8() and contains weird characters. I
restart apache and Mötorhead displays fine. Next time through it's
Mot�rhead. Printing unpack(H*) shows the right octets in the string.

A tcpdump shows two byes being sent on the first hit and only one
on the second.

Any quick suggestions before I spend tomorrow swearing at this? Am
I being misled by unpack? And tools I can use to look to see what
TT is doing with my apparently perfectly formed UTF8?

Dave Hodgkinson                                MSN: davehodg at hotmail.com
Site: http://www.davehodgkinson.com                  UK: +44 7768 490620
Blog: http://www.davehodgkinson.com/blog
Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/davehodg