TT and UTF8?

Mark Fowler mark at twoshortplanks.com
Sat Jan 30 08:57:22 GMT 2010

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 11:10 PM, Dave Hodgkinson <davehodg at gmail.com> wrote:

> As far as I'm concerned it's getting mangled *after* I've unleashed it
> to apache.

Mark's observation on i18n data exchange: There's always *another*
UTF-8 bug lurking somewhere. You just haven't found it yet.

I suggest checking that TT is actually sending the right darn thing to
apache.  May I suggest sticking a

use Devel::Peek;

At the top of the file and then doing something like

$tt->process($template, $things, \$output);
Dump $output;
...hand $output to apache...

This will print an ASCII representation of $output to STDERR, with
enough info to see what the underlying bytes and utf8 flag settings
that perl is using to represent your output.

Then you can tell what's going on.

Mark.