Looking for a Perl development position in London

Dominic Thoreau dominic at thoreau-online.net
Thu Feb 4 16:50:26 GMT 2010

On 4 February 2010 16:29, Raphael Mankin <raph at mankin.org.uk> wrote:

> It's 9 months of full salary more expensive to hire a woman who gets
> pregnant, takes her full maternity leave and then decides not to return
> to work. Adding on to this  advertising, time to review CVs, time to
> interview and so on, the cost of recruitment can itself run into
> thousands.

These days aren't parental leave rights extended to a fairly generous
degree towards the father as well?
IIRC if the mother wants to return to work the father can take
parental leave with very similar conditions (of course, since I have
no real possibility of being in this situation in the near future I
may have mis-remembered it)

--
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and
remove all doubt.