On-topic: HTML/JS help please

Dominic Thoreau dominic at thoreau-online.net
Fri Feb 5 16:19:52 GMT 2010

On 5 February 2010 16:05, Dermot <paikkos at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I like Gianni method personally.  It's far more shiny. But here's my
> effort anyway.

>  <script type="text/javascript">
>   function toggle(num) {
>       var Tbl = document.getElementById('mytable');
>        var i;
>        for (i = 1; i < Tbl.rows[num].cells.length; ++i) {
>            alert(Tbl.rows[num].cells[i]);
>            Tbl.rows[num].cells[i].style.display = 'none';
>        }
>  }
>  </script>

You're posting on a perl list (a language with an reputation (to
outsiders) for line-noise style cryptic code, and you haven't written
it in JQuery? For shame!

Plus you can probably cut that code down quite a lot, just in
complexity and size.

Seriously, writing JavaScript without an external library is like
using Perl without CPAN. Sure you can, but why? Life's too short for

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and
remove all doubt.
	-- Abraham Lincoln