Fun Friday afternoon topic: domain name disputes

Alison W alisonw at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 12:04:25 GMT 2010

To pick up on one point ...

> The weird thing though is that whois tells me that the record was created 6
> years ago. That seems a long time for someone to sit on a useless domain name.

I have plenty of domain names registered that I have reckoned will be
great for particular projects but not got around to them yet, so they
have been effectively blank domains for quite a few years, so
'useless' is in the eye of the beholder.

One thing though, is 6 years ago before or after your friend started
their business? and four letters may be someone's initials ...

Alison