2 depend or not 2 depend

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Mon Feb 8 10:18:44 GMT 2010

On 8 Feb 2010, at 10:01, Bruce Richardson wrote:
[...]
> Xen isn't necessarily the answer to that problem.  There are pros and cons to a shared development server but the constraints which might force a company to use one may well also make Xen impractical; if you have limited resources, Xen is often not the most efficient use of them.

If a company has such limited resources that it can't even afford a few hundred pounds or so per developer to give them enough computing resources, said developers should be more concerned about their employer's ability to meet payroll every month.

(I've always suspected that pair programming was invented by a manager who didn't want to "waste" money on computers.)