On-topic: HTML/JS help please

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Wed Feb 10 17:32:36 GMT 2010

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 05:15:25PM +0000, Simon Wistow wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 10:04:01AM +0000, Piers Cawley said:
> > That sounds to me like you don't have a table. You have a tree with
> > tabular data at each node. Consider using nested divs to represent
> > your hierarchy and then either cunning styling or one row tables to
> > display the tabular data. Sure the page might get a bit big, but
> > that's what gzipped responses are for.
> Or, alternatively, a series of, potentially nested <ul> elements with
> single row table.

Trouble is, I know of no way to get divs and spans to line up properly
without knowing in advance how wide, for example, the largest entry in a
column will be when displayed.

--
David Cantrell | even more awesome than a panda-fur coat

Did you know that shotguns taste like candy canes?  Put the barrel in
your mouth and pull the trigger for an extra blast of minty goodness!