Please Meet Me For An Emergency Social Tomorrow

Matt Lawrence matt.lawrence at
Tue Feb 16 13:34:30 GMT 2010

Dominic Thoreau wrote:
> On 16 February 2010 10:14, James Laver < at> wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 10:01:20AM +0000, Dominic Thoreau wrote:
>>> This is one of those things I'd like TV writers to stop with, please.
>>> Pubs with waiters? Hah!
>> Or... LMC is from Portugal, where drinking establishments tend to have
>> waiters.
> Do they? Cool! I thought it was just American sitcoms...
I remember getting some dirty looks in a French pub when we were sitting
at a table but getting up to order at the bar. Apparently that's Not
Done - we were cutting out the waiting staff and therefore costing them