Working in London

Bob MacCallum uncoolbob at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 14:04:06 GMT 2010

Full time under-5s childcare could set you back as much as £1400 a month.
My employer subsidises so it's "only" around £750.  You might get some
vouchers from the government from age 3+ (I think it's equivalent to a few
hours a day).  As for availability, it seems there are waiting lists but
it's not impossible to find a place.  I don't think there's any
state-provided care, but I think there's a tax break (I do a salary
sacrifice).  I'm not the best person to ask about personal finance!

--
http://darwintunes.org - a test-tube for cultural evolution
http://evolectronica.com - survival of the funkiest