Perl T-shirts

Philippe Bruhat (BooK) philippe.bruhat at
Fri Feb 26 14:09:34 GMT 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 11:41:37AM +0000, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 12:36:11PM +0100, Philippe Bruhat (BooK) wrote:
> > Go to a Perl conference and you'll often get a T-shirt.
> > Then go to the auction and spend stupid amounts of money on more T-shirts.
> This is the subject expert talking. :-)
> What he forgot to add was then, if you're really serious:
> 3: Organise a Perl conference or workshop, to ensure you get T-shirts.
> 4: Write a system to make it easier to organise conferences, to increase the
>    global supply of Perl conferences and hence Perl T-shirts.

Actually, I have this pet project (but no time), to close the loop:

5: Setup a Perl T-shirts web site, with all kinds of info about all known
   Perl T-shirts (runs, colors, links to buy, conference, photos, etc)
   and let people list which ones they own.

   (Corollary: 1. Allow people to swap or sell shirts 2. ... 3. Profit!)

 Philippe Bruhat (BooK)

 Be careful when you take one side or the other. You could wind up in the
 middle.                            (Moral from Groo The Wanderer #33 (Epic))