Perl T-shirts

Philippe Bruhat (BooK) philippe.bruhat at free.fr
Fri Feb 26 14:09:34 GMT 2010

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 11:41:37AM +0000, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 12:36:11PM +0100, Philippe Bruhat (BooK) wrote:
>
> > Go to a Perl conference and you'll often get a T-shirt.
> > Then go to the auction and spend stupid amounts of money on more T-shirts.
>
> This is the subject expert talking. :-)
>
> What he forgot to add was then, if you're really serious:
>
> 3: Organise a Perl conference or workshop, to ensure you get T-shirts.
> 4: Write a system to make it easier to organise conferences, to increase the
>    global supply of Perl conferences and hence Perl T-shirts.

Actually, I have this pet project (but no time), to close the loop:

5: Setup a Perl T-shirts web site, with all kinds of info about all known
   Perl T-shirts (runs, colors, links to buy, conference, photos, etc)
   and let people list which ones they own.

   (Corollary: 1. Allow people to swap or sell shirts 2. ... 3. Profit!)

--
 Philippe Bruhat (BooK)

 Be careful when you take one side or the other. You could wind up in the
 middle.                            (Moral from Groo The Wanderer #33 (Epic))