[ANNOUNCE] London Perl Mongers Technical Meeting 12th April 2010

Uri Guttman uri at StemSystems.com
Wed Mar 24 22:41:26 GMT 2010

  DC> Chris is correct that I rarely ever allow my talks to be recorded or uploaded.
  DC> And right about the reason too. Information may well want to be free, but it
  DC> therefore also wants my family to starve.

  DC> However...

  DC> In this particular case, because James and Paul asked most
  DC> politely, and because I certainly don't want James to feel
  DC> eviserated, and because so many individuals from London.pm have
  DC> been so very generous in supporting me over so many years, and
  DC> because NO-ONE IS *EVER* GOING TO UPLOAD THE RECORDING TO YOUTUBE
  DC> OR VIMEO OR ANY OTHER PUBLIC REPOSITORY but instead will quietly
  DC> pass it around only amongst themselves, and because as a community
  DC> we really wouldn't want this particular talk to publicly represent
  DC> modern Perl (any more than we'd want SelfGOL to), then in this
  DC> particular case I'm happy to grant permission for this talk to be
  DC> recorded and shared discreetly amongst the local members of
  DC> London.pm.

how local is local? :)

if you are going to give this talk at yapc::na and/or oscon, i will
catch it there. but if now, is the pond too large for boston.pm to be
local to london.pm? there are several overlapping members.

thanx,

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ------  uri at stemsystems.com  --------  http://www.sysarch.com --