[ANNOUNCE] London Perl Mongers Technical Meeting 12th April 2010

Piers Cawley pdcawley-london.0dd185 at bofh.org.uk
Sat Mar 27 07:02:59 GMT 2010

On Sat, Mar 27, 2010 at 5:14 AM, Damian Conway <damian at conway.org> wrote:
> Paul Makepeace wrote:
>
>> First or last line of a haiku...
>
> "Damian Conway":
> dactyl-trochee. The winter
> of Piers' discontent.
>

> Con Wei

Damian made me post this. Don't blame me. In the absence of a string
quartet and backing singers, this will remain on the page.

Ah, look at all the boggled mongers
Ah, look at all the boggled mongers

Damian Conway, talked about Selfgol, a program that shouldn't be seen
It's a bad dream
Look at the mongers, are they all jarred by the code so obscure?
What is it for?

All the boggled mongers
Where do they all come from?
All the boggled mongers
Where do they all belong?

There's Piers Cawley, writing a song about Selfgol in time for the show
How will it go?
Look at him working, trying to fit Damy'n's name into some Beatles song
Will it go wrong?

All the boggled mongers
Where do they all come from?
All the boggled mongers
Where do they all belong?

Ah, look at all the boggled mongers
Ah, look at all the boggled mongers

Damian Conway gave a great talk and as usual lived up to his name
Everyone came
Damian Conway, once more filled minds with ideas that are truly depraved
No one was saved

All the boggled mongers
Where do they all come from?
All the boggled mongers