Perl and OWASP

Nicholas Bamber nicholas at periapt.co.uk
Sun Mar 28 16:55:37 BST 2010

I have not managed to make it to any London Perl Monger events since
joining the mailing list a month or two back. I hope to remedy that when
people stop marrying at times that inconvenience my life. However I
reckon that should not stop posting this now.

I recently came across the OWASP <http://www.owasp.org> project:

    The Open Web Application Security Project (OWASP) is a 501c3
    not-for-profit worldwide charitable organization focused on
    improving the security of application software. Our mission is to
    make application security visible, so that people and organizations
    can make informed decisions about true application security risks.
    Everyone is free to participate in OWASP and all of our materials
    are available under a free and open software license.

I am puzzled as to why there has hitherto been so little contact between
perl and OWASP. Is anybody out there interested in volunteering some of
their coding and code reviewing efforts into improving the security of
perl based web applications in a more systematic way? I have tried
kicking things off with this page: http://www.owasp.org/index.php/Perl .
I look forward to hearing from you guys.

Nicholas