Lovefilm, yes or no?

Dominic Thoreau dominic at
Wed Apr 14 11:50:28 BST 2010

On 14 April 2010 11:24, Pinky Weaselly <pinkweasels at> wrote:
> Sorry for anon email, but I don't want to announce to my employer that I've been approached by lovefilm about a job.
> The recruiter started with "if I said 'lovefilm', would you say 'no'?"
> Alarm bells are ringing. Can anyone say if they're a good employer, from a Perl perspective? You can email me privately if you like.

I don't know what it's like to actually work for them - I did a phone
interview, and their test (basically, write code fast, on

But they didn't hire me. After talking with previous colleagues (who
are better perl devs than I am - and didn't get hired either) I get
the opinion that they're trying to hire the elite - and almost to the
point of being snobbish about it.

As usual, YMMV

[1] Without going into specifics of the task involved, they will ask
you to nominate a time in the future. At that time, their system will
arrange for an email to be delivered to you with a programming
assignment, which you have one hour to complete and return.
Noli immiscere te draconum rebus nam fragilis es dentibus et cum garo
bene sapis.