Lovefilm, yes or no?

Jonathan McKeown jonathan at scatterlings.org
Wed Apr 14 15:14:17 BST 2010

On Wednesday 14 April 2010 15:05:51 Peter Edwards wrote:

> Funniest interview question I heard of recently (not Lovefilm) was:
> "What's two to the power 14"
> As in, work out the answer there and then

2^10 (1024) is roughly 10^3, so 2^4 x 2^10 is roughly 16 thousand. If you
can't remember the power of two nearest to 16,000, you might have to work out
16x24 and add it on - 240 plus 12x12.

It's a slightly odd question, i suppose, but not exactly hard. Perhaps i'm an
old fart, but I'd expect most programmers to be able to answer that almost
without pausing for breath.

(And I see Nick Clark has already answered while I was typing).

Jonathan