Lovefilm, yes or no?

ian londonperlmongers at iandocherty.com
Wed Apr 14 16:23:48 BST 2010

On 14/04/2010 14:05, Peter Edwards wrote:

> I know a couple of people not on this list, one who joined in the last 6
> months and seems happy enough there, another who interviewed for a perm job
> a couple of weeks ago and didn't get it. You takes your pick...
>
> Funniest interview question I heard of recently (not Lovefilm) was:
> "What's two to the power 14"
> As in, work out the answer there and then, not type in  perl -e 'print
> 2**14, "\n"'  as eny fule kno
>
> Cheers, Peter

I was once asked at an interview 'how many digits of PI do you know?'.

At that time I could remember about 100 digits so I had a dilemma, would
I do better in the interview if I recited all 100 or perhaps 10?

Another fact that sticks in my mind, and has been useful for the odd
meeting where someone wants a back of fag-packet calulation, is that one
million seconds is 11 days 13 hours 46 minutes and 40 seconds.

(and that 10,000,000 seconds is 115 days 17 hours 46 minutes and 40
seconds).

Regards
Ian