Lovefilm, yes or no?

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Fri Apr 16 13:06:02 BST 2010

Victoria Conlan writes:

> > At that time I could remember about 100 digits so I had a dilemma,
> > would I do better in the interview if I recited all 100 or perhaps
> > 10?
>
> I don't know about anyone else here, but the only reason I would ever
> ask that question would be to turn down anyone who claimed to know
> more than 3.

Well you can get the first 9 digits just by wishing:

  "How I wish I could recollect pi easily today"
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piphilology

Seems a little harsh to reject people for that.

Though on t'other hand I can't remember ever having needed to know _any_
digits of pi for work purposes, so perhaps it's fair ...

Smylers
--
Watch 'Only Connect' series 3 (some questions by me) on iPlayer
until Monday evening: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00lskhg